Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

I haven't had much time to post.

I wanted to let you in on something.

Many of you may recall I was in a car accident back in September. I
have been going to physical therapy for my injuries. My neck has gotten
better, but my shoulder has not. After months of treatment, no
improvement, xrays and an MRI, it has been determined I have a torn
rotator cuff and severe inflammation.

As a result of this, I am going to have surgery. The pain is becoming
unbearable for me. It affects my life, my family and my work. I can't
drive too much, I can barely write, I can barely type and I can't soap
too much either! I had to pass down the job of making bath bombs,
cupcakes and bubble bars (something I've always
enjoyed so much!). And I can't sleep well since I am in constant pain.

The surgery entails a 2" incision on my shoulder, shaving off bone
spurs, and either stitching the muscle back to my bone or screwing,
depending upon the severity. They will not know until they are in
there.

Because of this, Soap Silly B&B and Soap Silly WS will be closed for 2-4
weeks (this depends on how well I'm feeling as it's my right shoulder
and I am right handed, possibly longer). My surgery is scheduled for June 27th (just
around the corner). Recovery takes up to 2 months, but my dr said I can
begin driving, etc after one week if all goes well, it'll just be limited. I'm
not coming back to work after one week. After my last surgery I was
back to work the day after I came home from the hospital and to this day
I regret not letting myself recover fully. Not to mention the nasty emails I received since we were late on fulfilling orders after the surgery.

Because of my experience with my last, emergency surgery
(the appendectomy back in Oct) I've learned quite a bit. Be prepared!

We are closing beginning June 20th. We will reopen either the 7th, 14th or 21st of July. Again, depends on how I'm feeling. But will definitely be in July.

I know it's just a short 2 weeks away for closure and 3 for my surgery,
but my dr insists the sooner the better since I've been dealing with
chronic pain for nearly 9 months now.

Just so you all know, Soap Silly will NOT be closing permanently. This
is a temporary closure. We're not going anywhere [;)] . I'm giving Pam
the time off as well since she does not handle payments ie; Paypal,
credit cards.

During the closure we will not be available via email or phone. I am
taking this time to completely recover.

We are closing a week before my surgery so that I can ensure all orders
get out and arrive fine. During the first week I will be available via
email only, limited. After the 26th, I will not be available as my surgery is on the 27th.

This was a tough decision for me to make, as I did not want surgery, but
with the amount of pain I am in, there is no other fix for it. I am
looking forward to a pain free life once again, where I can enjoy my
life, my work and my family.

Although our site will be open, our shop will not after the 20th, noon pst.
Orders placed during our closure, will be processed in the order in
which they were received, with the same shipping policy, Tuesdays and
Thursdays only. Again, reopening will depend highly on my recovery
process. I will keep you posted on which week we reopen.

If you place your order of $50.00 or more before we close, you'll get a
discount of 20%, spend $100.00 or more and get the discount, plus free
shipping. Sales begins now and ends on June 19th, midnight Pacific Standard time.

The cart will reflect the discount. State "SURGERY" in the comments
section and we'll also add FREE samples to your order.

The discount does NOT apply to fragrance of the week, sampler packs,
back ordered items, pre buy items or out of stock items. If an item
becomes out of stock, we will not charge you for that item and your
order will ship without it.

Thank you for your understanding and for your loyalty to Soap Silly.
Without you, we wouldn't be here.

Hugs to all!

Johanna

Posted by Soap Silly Wholesale Supplies at 12:44 PM |